Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm Here!

Hi Friends!

I have been out here for just over a week now and after some technical difficulties, am now able to make my first post. My new home for the next eight months has a beautiful view of the mountains and is only a block away from the beach. I am a lucky girl!


I have adjusted to the time change better than I was anticipating (and hoping). I thought being on Ontario time still would make it that much easier to get up at 6:00 am for work, but it turns out I don't do well with the mind over matter thing, just seeing 6:00 am, whether EST or PST, on my alarm clock makes me sleepy!

I am missing my car, BMDY, too. I have a new ride now, though, the SkyTrain (and the occasional bus). All of this can be yours for the low, low price of $124 per month.


Since I'm super directionally-challenged, I took a practice run out to the airport (my new place of employment!) last Thursday, before I started. The SkyTrain is much nicer than the subway in Toronto. It's so clean and comfortable and has great views of the mountains, parks and especially the airplanes landing and taking off as you approach the airport!


Something else that I've noticed is that people are SUPER nice out here. Everyone says hello as they walk by. You might think it would be hard to tell since everyone also wears sunglasses, but it's actually not.

In case you were also hesitant about supporting me for the Great Strides Walk out here, rest assured that I am safe and sound and still collecting donations.

Stay tuned for a post about my awesome experience in my new job later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment